Receptionist (Admin Assistant) Expired
Receptionist (Admin Assistant)
|Title:||Receptionist (Admin Assistant)|
|Exp.:||2018-07-19-(6 Months Ago)|
|Organization:||Save the Children | About Save the Children|
|Education:||• Bachelor degree in Business Administration Public Administration or Social Studies.|
|Work Experience:||2 related experience Years|
Bachelor degree in Business Administration Public Administration or Social Studies.
Having minimum two years working experience in the field of administration or receptionist with International Organization.
Ability to work in team and individual.
Principles and practices of public administration and organization applicable to a local agency.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health &Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies and other organisational policies and procedures at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Receive incoming calls/mail/packages/deliver messages/mail/packages in office and distribute the same to relevant office.
· Operating telephone switch board.
· Greeting visitors and following security procedures.
· Maintaining staff Mobile Phone logbook and ensure personal expenses reimbursement.
· Keep reception area neat and professional in appearance.
· Checking AF – country office email account and forward emails to concerned staff.
· Follow-up with weekly whereabouts of International Staff.
· Tracking and recording of correspondences.
· Updating staff contact list (Phone# E-mail ID and etc. on monthly bases.
Any other tasks assigned by line manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values;
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same;
· Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children engages and motivates others;
· Future oriented thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with own team colleagues at both national and regional level members donors and partners;
· Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength;
· Approachable good listener easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest encourages openness and transparency;
· Always acts in the best interests of children.
Qualified candidates may send their Application including