• Should have bachelor degree in Veterinary Science or Animal Husbandry from a recognized university verified by MoHE. • Have at least four years working experience in similar position of donor funded projects. • Preference will be given to formal training in Livestock Management and Housing Nutrition Production or Farming Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of National Livestock Coordinator direct supervision of the Regional Livestock Officer and technical assistance and guidance of the Animal Production the Regional Animal Production Officer will do the following:
Supervise the implementation of the poultry or any other production project and monitor animal production activities at provincial and regional level.
• Ensure the goods and services delivery for the animal production programs and when delivered report to the regional livestock officer.
• He should be responsible for the quality assurance and besides poultry will work for any other activity under animal production (dairy fishery Api-culture etc.)
• Collect data and report in writing to the Regional Livestock Officer each month regarding poultry/animal production and productivity feeding vaccination medication and diseases among the animal raisers under his control
• Conduct coordination meetings with stakeholders IPs MAIL representatives (at regional/provincial/district level) for the smooth implementation of the animal production programs by taking minutes at these meetings and reporting to the RLO on issues raised.
• Monitor the quality and quantities of production inputs delivered by the IP to beneficiaries.
• Assist field staff in conducting beneficiary surveys to ensure the findings of such surveys are accurately reported to the RLO.
• Supervise and assist with the implementation of poultry raiser training and coop construction.
• Conduct poultry/animal raising field demonstrations coordinate with other partners working in livestock sector.
• Solve local technical poultry issues where possible and report ongoing problems to the RLO including outbreaks of disease and poultry mortality.
• Prepare monthly activity plans monthly reports and time sheets for submission to the RLO.
• He should make field visits and conduct activities assessments and submit its report.
• He should also ensure work of the Regional Poultry Assistant and she will work under the direct supervision of RAPO.
• Any other job assign by Animal Production Responsible or NLC
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Have good managerial skills to manage livestock team.
• Should have good communication skills and has commend on English and local languages.
• Computer literacy especially in MS Office.
• Good report writing skill and being a good team player
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions • Subject line must be Regional Animal Production Officer (MAIL-063-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered • No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email • Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.