Reproductive Health Commodity Security technical officer Expired
Reproductive Health Commodity Security technical officer
|Title:||Reproductive Health Commodity Security technical officer|
|Duration:||One year with possibility of extension|
|Exp.:||2018-05-23-(11 Months Ago)|
|Organization:||Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA | About Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA|
|Education:||Medical Doctor or BSc in Pharmacy.|
|Work Experience:||At least 5 ’ professional experience with gov Years|
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the GD Reproductive Child and Adolescent Health of MOPH the FP and RHCS manager will provide support to the planning implementation coordination and monitoring of FP/RHCS Programme. The post holder will work towards strengthening institutional and technical capacities of national and sub-national FP/RHCS program. He/she analyses and assesses relevant political policy and social trends as they relate to FP/RHCS and provides substantive inputs in the design and evaluation of FP/RHCS related interventions.
The FP/RHCS Manager facilitates timely delivery of quality FP/RHCS programmes by supporting development and implementation of annual and quarterly work plans; undertaking programme supervision monitoring and the reporting of results achieved. The post holder also establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with relevant counterparts in MOPH donor agencies FP/RHCS partners in public and private sector as well as civil society organizations and other ministries like MOHRA MOWA DMOYA. The job holder should be willing to travel to the field /province.
Specifically the post holder will:
1. Support MoPH to periodically review the FP plan of MoPH and continually align it with the current national and sector strategic frameworks and plans
2. Advocates for inclusion of FP issues into national development plans strategies and expenditure frameworks including budget line for FP in MOPH budget.
3. Support MoPH to execute its mandated function in the health sector as it relates to FP/RHCS including development/review of policies strategies and guidelines and capacity building and provision of technical assistance to central provincial and district health teams.
4. Support the designing testing and rolling out of innovative approaches/interventions to ensure FP/RHCS in the country including operations research and documentation of good practices.
5. Support the generation of strategic information and evidence to inform National policies and strategies for FP/RHCS.
6. Conduct field visits to do Post training follow up and monitor for the delivery of good quality family planning services.
7. Implement and follow up on RHCS coordination committee observations comments recommendations and decisions back to specific officials at the provincial level and national level.
8. Strengthen the coordination among RH/MoPH and all partners and donors for fund raising and allocation for better implementation of RHCS strategic action plan.
9. Ensure the availability of Family Planning services in all Health Facilities according to MoPH and RH policies and strategies by developed M&E mechanism.
10. Support training of BPHS/EPHS staff in [provision of FP services ensuring competencies exist for provision of a range of FP methods in each facility offering clients a method mix of FP.
11. Foster formation of consortium of NGOs and other partners in advocating for and promoting FP in Afghanistan
12. Work with partners especially Ministry of Education Ministry of Haj and Religious Affairs Ministry of Economy in ensuring their buy-ins in order to mainstream FP in their programmes plans.
13. Chair FP Working Group meetings for the purpose of decision-making and coordination.
14. Prepare and submit quarterly/monthly activities plan and ensure execution of such plans.
15. Prepare Compilation and submit final report activities according to the Family Planning/RHCS Department work plan to MoPH.
16. Perform any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Interested candidates should send/submit their updated resumes along with a covering letter to:
Email: [email protected]
0787 06 21 31
AFGA Main office Address: South of Habibia High School Chaman Mir Waez Ayoub Khan Mina District #7 Kabul Afghanistan.
Please mention the Vacancy Announcement No. in the subject line of the email otherwise your application will not be considered
Note: This is a NTA position based and supervised by the relevant departments in ministry; with joint appraisal by MOPH UNFPA.