• Recently completed or currently enrolled in a university graduate or undergraduate program in economics Finance public or business administration or other relevant academic discipline.
• Oral and written fluency in Dari and English.
• The position reports to Municipal Revenue Manager and SHAHAR Team Lead on weekly basis.
• This position will be based in the Jalalabad Afghanistan
Duties & Responsibilities
This internship Program represents an exciting opportunity for interns to gain experience with official environment learn organizational behavior have basic practical learnings in their educational related filed and gain experience working on an international development project.
The Intern will provide support to the DAI SHAHAR Project Staff by performing a variety of tasks. Throughout the internship the Intern will gain exposure to DAI and USAID methods for capacity building project management and economic development programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist municipal department staffs in Developing and implementing annual municipality revenue generation and collection plan; also develop and maintain the revenue collection database and follow-up action plan
• Provide support to oversee and participate in the development and administration of the department’s annual budget and prepare monthly and annual revenue collection status reports
• Provide assistance to municipal revenue manager to manage and monitor revenue sources including fees property taxes and others accruals; also the preparation and distribution of the bills
• Contribute to the development and monitor systems policies procedures relating to revenue credit control and debt collection
To Apply: Please send your CV and covering letter along with Filled Pre-Employment Internship Questionnaire from the