• Creates and prepares accurate and reliable program reports that depict status of activities accomplishments and challenges and collects and analyzes all information and data required for reporting and for any communication and event support.
• Creates and maintains a series of facts sheets success stories PPT presentations brochures and publications and program highlights that showcase program goals and accomplishments.
• Drafts and finalizes a Strategic Communications Plan for the program. This plan identifies appropriate audiences messages and communications vehicles for implementation of the plan.
• Researches and finalizes a Target Audience Assessment for the program by enhancing targeted audience communications penetration for both the beneficiary audience and for the international audience utilizing a strategic media services including television radio print and appropriate social media programming.
• Drafts and implements a Strategic Message Guide for the program which will be used to train key leadership and program staff on program objectives benefits and planning.
• Collects organizes analyzes and drafts information and data and prepares and distributes in a timely basis all program reports including Weekly Quarterly and annual reports.
• Researches formulates and writes analytical reports success stories and document lessons learned based on overall program performance.
• Supervises the preparations and analysis of surveys to measure outcomes and program impacts.
• Ensures that all policies and practices instituted are compliant with USAID’s performance monitoring policy and compliance programming requirements set forth in the USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) and other rules and regulations.
• Provides capacity-building workshops for prime and sub-partner staff to improve performance management.
• Manages and leads staff consultants and contractors to ensure efficient and timely implementation of all communication and information sharing aspects of the project.
• Provides policy guidance training and ongoing guidance to each of the Office staff members.
• Ensures the timeliness cost and quality of all activities performed under the project.
• Prepares quarterly and/or semiannual reports according to the contract requirements.
• Assists in preparation of annual work plan and budget that identify key objectives responsible staff deliverables and potential roadblocks; and
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
• An undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
• At least 8-10 years of relevant technical experience in proposed position in a conflict affected environment.
• At least 8-10 years’ experience relevant to proposed position on similar international donor funded programs; USG experience highly desirable.
• At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience managing staff in a conflict affected environment.
• Experience directly collaborating with host country government representatives.
• Fluent oral and strong analytical written English communications skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy tact and the ability to negotiate and influence.
• Strong computer skills including ease and skill in using word Excel spreadsheets email the Internet Windows applications.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of project development grant administration and management procedures as well as a mastery of the principles methods practices and operational procedures of a variety of successful private business enterprises NGOs or development programs.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of community stabilization issues in Afghanistan and the region.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• An undergraduate degree in a field relevant to the position.
• Master’s degree.
• Prior experience in USAID funded projects.
• Experience jointly coordinating and collaborating with civil-military-host country stakeholders.
• Experience training staff.
• Fluency in Dari.
• Demonstrated experience implementing programs with a community stabilization focus or component in Afghanistan or in the region.
• Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate take direction assume leadership and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
• Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
• High motivation initiative and adaptability.
• An ability to work successfully in remote and challenging settings with limited resources.
• This position will be based in Kabul Afghanistan but it is expected that the candidate will be required to travel to remote and/or kinetic areas of within Afghanistan for up to 40% of the time.
• Normal Office Conditions.
• Ability to carry body armor up a flight of stairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Government Liaison will manage all information and communication activities for the program in Afghanistan.
This position is pending award of a 5 year cooperative agreement through the US Agency for International Development.
nterested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail indicating on the SUBJECT line the title Location and vacancy number of the position applied for to [email protected] Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.