• Responsible for translation of a variety of official documents used by the COMAC program including ad hoc reports power point presentations outreach and public communication materials training courses documents and others.
• Expected to render accurate and professional translation of documents (Pashto-English/English-Pashto translations).
• Responsible for the interpretation of meetings conferences and workshops organized by the COMAC program.
• Responsible for translation of emails and correspondence principally with COMAC Partners GIRoA counterparts and Provincial Staff.
• Creative copywriting in English with reference to original Pashto version and vice-versa.
• Proofread edit revise and translate materials.
• Make sure that translations are in-line with the master documents in English and vice-versa.
• A high degree of translation integrity and accuracy is required. Translators must ensure that all documents are fully and accurately translated and no items are missing misinterpreted or incomplete from the translation rendered.
• Professional level of business English is required in the translations: Translator(s) must ensure the use of proper comprehensible English words acceptable punctuation and a comprehensive knowledge of KFZ terminologies and vocabulary in their translations.
• Any other related task assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience;
• Mastery of spoken and written English;
• Ability to edit text into concise language appropriate for reports and presentations.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to deliver reports according to requirements and strict deadlines.
• Strong skills in graphical presentation of data with specific knowledge of and experience with databases; computer skills (Word Excel Microsoft Publisher PowerPoint etc.).
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism Communications International Affairs or related field
• USAID-funded program experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including patience diplomacy willingness to listen to and respect colleagues particularly across cultures.
• Capacity to working both individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to multi-task prioritizes and solve problems.
• Ability to work effectively with a large variety of diverse people.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs of the program.
• This position includes some travel to field.
Duties & Responsibilities
Blumont is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Translator to perform the following functions:
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail indicating on the SUBJECT line the title Location and vacancy number of the position applied for to [email protected] Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.