Social Water Management Specialist
Social Water Management Specialist
|Title:||Social Water Management Specialist|
|Exp.:||2018-05-30-(7 Days From now)|
|Salary:||as per NTA-Scale Salary|
|Organization:||MAIL/CPMO/LKIS |About MAIL/CPMO/LKIS|
|Work Experience:||5 Years|
1. Graduate in Agriculture Engineering /Engineering with Specialization in irrigation or water management/ agriculture or any degree with focus on water distribution and conservation.
2. At least 5 years working experience in irrigation association or Water user group/ Water users’ association or social water management project.
3. Ability in designing water management and distribution plan for irrigation project.
4. Experience in working with Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) such as water user groups co-operative Self-help groups etc.
5. Experience in conflict resolution at community level.
6. Writing and speaking proficiency in English Pashto and Dari languages are essential and presentation skills ability to initiate and facilitate community mobilization is desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Implement and manage the social water management component in the project area.
2. Guide and assist the establishment of social water management infrastructure.
3. Liaise with the Ministry of irrigation and water resources Ministry of agriculture partner NGOs community leaders local authorities and other stake holders.
4. Develop strategies and initiatives to enhance the capacity of water users’ association.
5. Design and identify local community-friendly water management system through which community people can get better opportunities to use water for agriculture sectors.
6. Responsible for the oversight of project logistics finance and administrative support.
7. Responsible for ensuring sound technical input into project design and implementation.
8. Develop monitoring/supervision tools to assess the real situation of project implementation.
9. Design necessary forms and formats to collect project’s information.
10. Make a plan for staff capacity development (e.g. provide formal training workshop experience sharing counselling and mentoring and so on).
11. Ensure cross-project integration learning sharing and adoption of best practices within projects.
12. Assist in designing technical manuals and documents to run the social water management activities.
13. Staff management and coordination with at least twenty engineers/ technical supervisors.
14. Generate reports for concerned authorities donors and government officials.
15. Perform any other project relevant activity assigned by the Project Director
· The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
· Subject line must be Soil Water Management Specialist -MAIL-006-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
· No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
· Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.