Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Public Health Health Management Supply Chain or releva
At least five ’ work experience in pharmaceut Years
1. Hands-on knowledge and experience to facilitate the PPM and work with PPMU and other stakeholders in the PPM in Afghanistan.
2. Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Public Health Health Management Supply Chain or relevant field.
3. At least five years’ work experience in pharmaceutical/public health management preferably in areas pertaining to a large-scale supply chain of health commodities.
4. Must have demonstrated professional English language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to conduct business in English.
5. Fluency in one national language and working knowledge of a second national language.
6. Proven ability in translation of technical documents from English into national language and vice versa
7. Proven ability to work as part of a team and able to manage competing priorities successfully.
8. Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word Excel Access and Power Point.
9. Proven ability of analyzing data and proper report writing.
10. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff clients and consultants.
11. Willingness and ability to travel within Afghanistan as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist the Senior Technical Advisor providing advice and punctual technical assistance to:
1. The Pooled Procurement Management Unit (PPMU) of the Ministry of Public Heath (MoPH) in:
a. estimating the demand for Government to Government (G to G) framework contracts (i.e. quantification) in tandem with the Directorate of Pharmaceutical Services General Directorate of Curative Medicine Ministry of Higher Education and other relevant stakeholders;
b. finalizing and implementing the framework contract tender documents for G to G contracts;
c. ensuring quality of products through G to G contracts in collaboration with NMHRA;
d. translation of the technical documents from English to local languages and vice versa;
e. responding to the requests of the National Procurement Authority (NPA)
f. working with Ministry of Finance and National Procurement Agency (NPA) to identify efficient payment mechanism for selected suppliers;
g. Building PPMU staff capacity for implementing the pooled procurement efficiently.
2. The MoPH leadership in:
a. deciding on and developing an in-country distribution mechanism;
b. developing the tools to manage and oversee the framework agreements;
c. in organizing Joint Pooled Procurement Committee (JPPC) and the sub- committees (pharmaceutical contractual and financial) meetings as planned and reporting the progress to USAID as appropriate
3. the Working Group (WG) for developing National Standard Treatment Guideline for Secondary Level (NSTG-SL) in conducting regular meetings and reviewing the monographs drafted by the writers.
4. the point of contact in the Pharmaceutical Service Directorate (DPS) in collecting the quarterly PLIS reports from NGOs to update the PLIS database and in producing the standard reports according to the SOPs previously developed.
5. The Medicine Selection Committee (MSC) in the DPS in duly conducting the meetings review the requests for licensing new products.
6. the National Drug and Therapeutic Committee’s (NDTC) Points Of Contact (POC) in:
a. collecting reviewing and providing feedback on the data of the inventory management and rational medicine use assessments performed by individual DTCs
b. Presenting the results in the NDTC and following up with individual DTCs on proposed action points.
7. the Pharmacovigilance team of the NMHRA in:
a. collecting and reviewing reports on suspected ADR from the hospitals and providing feedback to the hospitals
b. conducting the Medicines Safety Committee (MSC) meetings
c. updating the VigiBase of the Uppsala Monitoring Center (UMC)
8. the NMHRA in duly registering companies and products.
9. Any other assignments relating to the general terms of this job description as required by the Senior Technical Advisor
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Management Sciences for Health MSH is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation age national origin citizenship physical or mental handicap or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces so qualified National candidates of both male and female are highly encouraged to apply for the open position. The application comprises of a one-page cover letter explaining your interest suitability for the vacant post Position Title and Vacancy number are must to be indicated send your CVs via [email protected] Note: The subject line of your email must be indicating the exact vacancy number and position Location otherwise your CV will not be considered. Electronic applications can only be acceptable.