Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Additional technical or vocational training in telecommunications or other related field is required
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of working experience in providing ICT operational support services related to assets telephone billing communications center and/or ICT operations support
Languages: Fluency in English and Pashtoo or Dari languages are required.
Special Measure: The minimum work experience for GL-4 with a High School Certificate is reduced to 2 years instead of the standard minimum requirement work experience of 3 years. The special measure approved by the Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM)-UNHQ is further extended until 31 May 2019 reduces the minimum required years of relevant work experience for filling positions for UNAMA General Service and National Professional Officer positions. The special measure is applicable to all applicants.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism: Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and
behaviours; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organizations interest even if they are unpopular; takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making; examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses; does not discriminate against any individual or group.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following responsibilities:
• Liaises with Finance Section on telephone charges to be recovered from staff and timely payment of providers invoices;
• Liaises with officials from the Services Providers UN agencies and funds and staff members in connection with telephone related matters ensuring they are in compliance with standing instructions and procedures to avoid abuse of telephone system;
• Assists in preparation of business-related memoranda and facsimile correspondence in respond to queries from Telephone Service Providers companies Internet providers and staff members;
Communications Centre Support:
• Processes of all incoming and outgoing Code Cables and facsimiles in a timely and efficient manner; observes and monitors the reliability of the communications equipment facilities;
• Assists in the maintenance of a proper filing system of all outgoing and incoming daily correspondences either by hard copy filing method or by electronic means;
• Assists in identifying files for archiving and performing same using the appropriate electronic archiving system; Opens and closes new logging sheets for the proper recording of new outgoing and incoming messages that will facilitate the preparation of statistics chart;
• Provides first echelon maintenance to the equipment use by the facility;
• Respects and observes the confidentiality of any or all of the documents that flow through the Communications Centre.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Performs related administrative duties as required such as drafts routine correspondence and assists with the coordination of the travel programme;
• Monitors accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services;
• Assists with the coordination of physical space planning;
• Assists with the administrative arrangements for seminars conferences and
• Assists with the coordination of translation/interpretation services for the section/unit;
• Monitors status of expenditures and allotments through IMIS records variations updates budget tables; consolidates data received and provides support to higher-level staff with respect to budget reviews;
• Prepares processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff;
• Maintains files of rules regulations administrative instructions and other related documentation; maintains up-to date work unit files (both paper and electronic); coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in field missions;
• Install configure and maintain TETRA RF Sites and Control Sites in different locations of UNAMA offices;
• Configuration and maintenance of TETRA Handheld and Vehicle Mobile/Base stations used by UN;
• Configure Install and Maintain of Radio communication equipment UHF/VHF/HF Base and Mobile stations with different types of antenna inside UNAMA mission area and installation of mobile UHF/VHF/HF radios in the vehicles.
• Performs other duties as required.
Other duties and responsibilities:
• Ensures that all the required spare parts and supplies are in place so as to minimize downtime of ICT equipment;
• Assists with the regularly scheduled and preventative and corrective maintenance on ICT equipment;
• Coordinates with the asset management unit regarding the upkeep of proper inventory records;
• Assists to organize the receiving/inspection of new equipment;
• Assists in formulating technical training curriculum and the conduct of in-house training programs for national staff and others within the unit.
Applicants are reminded that the United Nations cannot appoint a person who is the father mother son daughter brother or sister of a staff member. For this reason applicants are required to disclose at the time of their application whether they bear any of the above relationships to a staff member of UNAMA or any other UN entity which is part of the Secretariat. In addition selected candidates would be required to complete a family declaration form prior to assuming their duties with the Mission. Failure to disclose any of the above relationships constitutes a material omission that could lead to termination or dismissal from the United Nations.
• Applicants must accurately complete sign and date the United Nations Personal History form (P.11) and forward the duly completed signed P.11 copy by e-mail to: [email protected] • Required documents: Serving UN staff members: The two most recent e-Performance Evaluation Reports must be submitted with the application. • For External applicants: Two most recent performance evaluation reports or if not available two reference letters. If the applications received do not contain the latest two performance evaluation reports candidates must provide a short explanation as to why they are not available. • Applicants should indicate VA Number as VA#13/04/2019 in the email subject line when submitting duly completed and signed P.11 Form. UNAMA will not consider any applications received without VA Number in the email subject line and after the closing date of the VA. Incomplete P.11 will not be accepted. • Please note that any information provided on the P.11 form will be considered binding. • The selected candidates will be subject to a reference checks process to verify the information provided in the P.11 form. • Only applicants who are short-listed will receive an acknowledgement within two weeks from the deadline indicated on the VA. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. To ensure fairness and transparency selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.