Unix/Linux System Administrator
Unix/Linux System Administrator
|Title:||Unix/Linux System Administrator|
|Category:||Information Technology (IT)|
|Exp.:||2019-08-28-(2 Months From now)|
|Salary:||Based on Company Salary Scale|
|Organization:||Afghan Wireless Communication Company (AWCC) | About Afghan Wireless Communication Company (AWCC)|
|Work Experience:||5 Years|
Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a competent Unix/Linux System Administrator who will be responsible for designing implementing and monitoring the infrastructure The Unix/Linux System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. The Unix/Linux System Administrator will help system upgrades to the current infrastructure maintain all computer operating systems to current patch levels install products as needed and perform security hardening of systems. Interact with networking and databases. Growth opportunities exist with future efforts to virtualize the current infrastructure. Ability to troubleshoot problems via a console on a server or workstation. Provides reliable high availability services. Optimizes server infrastructure to achieve high performance and cost-efficiencies for virtual and non-virtual systems. Improves scalability surge and automation capabilities. The full-time systems administrators would be following initial consulting role to manage and maintain mixed server environment (Windows/Unix/Linux) ensuring 99.9% or better uptime. Evaluate monitor and enhance IT infrastructure with an emphasis on availability reliability scalability security data confidentiality and system integrity.
The position will be responsible for Unix/Linux Server Management within the system environment.
• Maintains UNIX/Linux Operating System to provide optimum performance and system availability.
• Supports software vendor to ensure application software is installed correctly and all current maintenance levels have been applied.
• Creates and maintains environment for running batch jobs associated with daily batch cycle and batch reporting subsystem.
• Works with LAN personnel to ensure compatibility with LAN applications and peripheral hardware to provide end users with reliable and stable working environment.
• Supports and maintains other vendor database software installed on the LAN servers
• Perform installs tests and maintains Linux/ Unix Server environment and supported software systems
• Defining and tracking metrics and key performance indicators to raise the bar in team performance and customer service
• Reduce errors working with the Unix/Linux System Administrator through process improvement and root cause analysis
• Keeps up to date with current trends and be prepared to help make recommendations
• Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
• Assist with designing and developing infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
• Assist developing test automation frameworks in collaboration with team
• Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
• Participate in engagements that have a strong business & technology focus
• Good knowledge about the Linux system files boot process and Run levels
• Experience in Linux OS installation Software and Patch management
Notice of Revision: The terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.
The interested candidates should submit their resume with recent photo by email to:
(Unix/Linux System Administrator) kindly mention the position title in the subject line of your e-mail. AWCC regrettably cannot respond to individual queries in relation to job or on the status of individual applications due to high numbers of applicants. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date then please assume that your application has not been successful.