Advanced degree in a relevant field (Engineering health or WASH-related)
At least five of experience as a civil or wa Years
1. At least five years of experience as a civil or water engineer with demonstrated experience executing rural infrastructure improvement projects
2. Previous experience working in the WASH sector with an international NGO or UN agency preferred
3. Familiarity with behavior change and adult learning methodologies preferred and previous experience implementing Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) and/or Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST) methodologies a plus
4. Willingness to spend at least 50% of time traveling to the field to remote villages throughout Ghor and Daikundi
5. Advanced degree in a relevant field (Engineering health or WASH-related)
6. Excellent Dari and English speaking and writing ability
7. Strong computer skills preferred (MS Word Excel Outlook and Power Point).
1. Strong sensitivity and respect for local cultures
2. Professional manner in dealing with community members and co-workers.
3. Strong listening skills combined with excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
4. Possess good interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
5. Possess initiative and ability to adapt and cope with pressure and challenges.
Internal: WASH Program Manager Senior Project Officers MEAL Officers Database Assistant Project Officers Field Officers WASH Technical Advisor Head of Programming Heads of Office
External: Project Participants Community Leaders and other Community Members Government Agencies NGOs Vendors and other Service Providers
Disclaimer: This job description is not exhaustive of all duties that might be assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Officer in either Chaghcharan Lal or Sangi Takht-Bandar the WASH Engineer will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of WASH activities in his or her district. The WASH Engineer will provide technical oversight of all WASH infrastructure projects including project technical assessment and design creation of Bill of Quantities (BoQs) working with procurement and vendors on materials purchase supervising skilled and unskilled labor supervising foremen monitoring of construction progress and handover to the community. The WASH Engineer will need to work closely with external and internal stakeholders including local government departments communities CRS Project and Field Officers CRS Administrative support and CRS Program Managers. The Engineer will also work with project teams to carry out HP & BC activities including the monitoring and evaluation of these activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Support to Project Planning and Management
• Provide technical oversight to the development and implementation of assessments aimed at identifying WASH project sites and projects
• Provide technical oversight to community-level infrastructure projects in 12 communities in his or her district including conceptualization of the project design development of the Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and management of construction implementation
• Contribute to development of annual and quarterly Detailed Implementation Plans and monthly plans
• Develop relevant HP & BC strategy materials for trainings to improve domestic hygiene at the household level.
• Work with WASH Field Officers for effective community mobilization and adoption of improved practices
• Understand and train staff on the use of biosand filters. Be able to troubleshoot any user challenges experienced in the field and suggest alternative filter designs/materials as needed.
Support to Monitoring & Evaluation
• In collaboration with PM PO and MEAL Officers the WASH Engineer will support monitoring of WASH activities through data collection tool development and maintenance field data collections and other MEAL activities as needed.
• Take responsibility for regular Water Quality Testing in all project communities and maintain results database
• Contribute to project reports highlighting project impact against indicators
• Contribute to field-based reports to CRS and/or external donors
Teamwork and Relationships
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with the project team and other CRS colleagues
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders including project participants and other community members Government agencies other NGOs and service providers
• Attend WASH Cluster and other coordination meetings as requested
• Identify areas of growth for project staff and provide trainings to build their capacity in WASH programmatic implementation
• As delegated by the PM liaise with equivalent technical advisors in other locations to ensure sharing of lessons learned tools and systems.
Application comprises a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post and Your CV copies of diplomas/degrees copy national ID card certificates of work experience and copies of reference letters. Interested candidates can submit their application by email or by dropping a hard copy of the documents At one of the following locations. Email Applications should be sent to: [email protected] and for any more clarification please contact to mobile number: 0797449777. Please include the Vacancy Number in the subject line as well any application without vacancy number will not acceptable.
Hard Copy Applications should be in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential” with the position number clearly written on envelope. They can be delivered to the location written below: CRS Ghor: South of main road Gharb-e-Familiha House No. 212 Chaghcharan Town. CRS Lal: Shari now in front of the Zeyarat Sadjadi. CRS Sang Takht: Sang Takht center -East of Sang Takht Bazar - Dahane Qurghan Sufla village.
Applications sent to any other address will be rejected Please note that applications received after the closing date (i.e. 22th Sep 2018) will be not given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for test and interview.