Essential Job Functions:
• Contribute to develop curricula and contents of capacity building training materials
• Facilitate training events workshops and conferences implemented by subcontractors to assure training effectiveness
• Ability to take initiative and pursue work proactively with little supervision.
• Organize develop and administrate pre- and post-tests for training programs.
• Coach and mentor the training facilitators of the subcontractors as well as COMAC staff as needed.
• Control training agendas training sessions plans manuals photos videos and materials submitted by the subcontractors based on their contracts
• Coordinate administrative and logistical support for all training activities performed directly by COMAC.
• Develop and maintain an electronic and hard-copy filling system of technical capacity building of training agendas training sessions plans manuals photos videos and materials submitted by the subcontractors based on their contracts as well of those directly implemented by COMAC.
• Review the sub –contract documents to ensure that all required documents are provided.
• Participate in the design of ODKs as needed.
• Enter the data of surveyed results and provide data base inputs to M&E and analysis to the CBG Manager for the reporting process
• Assists Kabul CBG Team in coordination administration finance procurement grants and operations activities.
• Travel to training venues as needed to assist CBG Manager in coordination and implementation of capacity building activities.
• Conduct Program orientation for newly hired staff.
• Facilitate and Coordinate the orientation for sub – contractor to ensure that all activities are in compliance with COMAC Blumont and USAID regulations and guidance.
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
• Visit the field to ensure that all training activities are according to the plan and in compliance with COMAC Blumont and USAID rules and regulations and write monitoring reports
• Visit training events for Q/A and Q/C provide accurate information to M&E on training activities.
• Conduct training evaluations
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree (with 2 or more years of experience) in a relevant field such as public policy human rights etc.
• Experience in capacity building of government staff in communication psychosocial support economic reintegration and other support services for victims of conflict preferred
• Proven experience interacting with government officials in politically sensitive environments
• Fluency in English Dari and Pashto required: read write and fluent conversation
• Excellent communication skills
• Independent self-starter capable of following guidance and transforming it into actions
• Excellent interpersonal relationships with national and international staff in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams
• This will be a Kabul based position with expected travel up to 50%.
• Normal Office Conditions (90%).
• Must be physically able: (i) to function for extended periods of time wearing personal protective body armor weighing approximately 35 pounds and a helmet weighing approximately 5 pounds; (ii) to walk comfortably over rough terrain; and (iii) to ascend to six flights of stairs on a daily basis.