Bachelor degree in Midwife / Nursing and relevant Department
Two of experience working with communities سال
~~- Bachelor degree in Midwife / Nursing and relevant Department
- Complete literacy (speaking writing reading) in local languages.
- Two years of experience working with communities
- Experience in hygiene and sanitation is preferred
- Experience in working with communities and community mobilization
- Familiarity with cultures of different Afghan communities and the ability to work with people from different cultures.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills including politeness.and patience.
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent ability to convince others
- Ability to work as part of a team
Facilitate community mobilisation and the “triggering” activities in the project entitled “Accelerating Ending Open Defecation in Afghanistan.”
ACTED is implementing the project titled “Accelerating Ending Open Defecation in Afghanistan” from March 1st 2020 to December 31st 2021 in Aqcha District of Jawzjan Province. The project also includes hard and soft activities related to WASH in School and in Health Centresj
3/Clinics through building/rehabilitating infrastructure awareness raising and trainings. The PM will lead the project management and implementation efforts for the UNICEF-funded project that follows the Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) approach linked to hygiene behavioural change communication and with the aim of facilitating villages achieve “open defecation” status.
The project will be implemented in close coordination with MRRD (Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development) by providing training planning coordination and technical oversight of the implementation partners and MoPH (Ministry of Public Health) who will provide Open Defecation Free certification to communities and support gains made through Community Health Workers (CHWs).
• Implement CLTS using Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) tools with the villagers of target communities.
• Facilitate sessions with communities so they realize their un-hygienic and un-sanitary behaviors and replace them with positive behaviors.
• Walk through the village and interact with all villagers facilitating a rapid change in the attitude of the villagers.
• Ensure there is vigorous follow up with the communities after they are triggered.
• Effectively use IEC materials in the target villages and during follow up
• Conduct hygiene education sessions for the villagers inside the village or at the district or provincial level.
• Assist the female CLTS facilitators liaise with the female Community Health Workers and establish and train the Family Health Action Groups (FHAGs) with mothers of children less than five years of age.
• Conduct community hygiene awareness and sanitation campaigns.
• Provide technical advice to the villagers in building sanitary latrines.
• Record the day-to-day progress made by villagers and report the progress to the Team Leader.
• Establish mutual and good relationships with CDCs and other influential leaders of the target villages.
• Assist the CLTS Team Supervisor in arranging and facilitating ODF verification certification and declaration ceremonies at the district and village level.
• Provide CLTS Team Supervisor with success stories and photos from special occasions.
• Travel to communities in Aqcha districts on a regular basis.
• Perform other duties as requested.
طریقه ارسال درخواستی
~~Please indicate the position title (Community Mobiliser & vacancy number Cap-014/260320) you are applying in subject of the email Otherwise your application will not be considered. Applications in English should include a resume a cover letter and three references (No certificates attached) and be submitted no later than 04-Apr-2020 to the following address: ACTED Kabul office Turabaz khan Square Qudart Center Shahr-e-Naw Kabul– Afghanistan