• A Bachelor Degree in Social Science International Development Public Administration and Social Development.
• Professional qualification and/or training in fundraising management are an asset.
• 02-5 years of progressive significant experience with Bachelor Degree in raising funds from Trusts and Foundations including significant experience in raising funds for international development programme in Afghanistan. Masters are preferred with the relevant experience.
Professional Qualities of Incumbent:
• Confidence in making contacts with existing and potential funders.
• Ability to maintain relationships with existing and potential funders of OHW.
• Methodical organized and able to work with attention to detail.
• Able to contribute to strategic discussions. - Flexibility.
• Team worker.
• Must be able to work on own initiative.
• Understanding and be commitment to the aims and objectives of OHW.
• Willingness and ability to undertake occasional travels.
• Will be expected to work unsocial hours.
• To respect the ethos of OHW and uphold its values.
Job Summery & Purpose:
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated fundraiser to play a fundamental role in the growth of the organization working in different kinds of humanitarian aids and assistance project and partnerships with different Multinational and International organizations entire the country in Afghanistan. OHW currently works in humanitarian and emergency responses to IDPs Returnees Natural and man-made Disasters livelihood women and youth empowerment and community developments. The position holder shall work closely with the Senior Management Team and be responsible for program funding but is also responsible for rising based on the OHW’s nature and its mission to growth. This will include research and developments of kind of Projects/Programs concepts and technical and financial Proposals in the require capacities.
Lines of reporting:
The Fundraising Manager reports to the Country Director and will also report to the Senior Management Team of OHW in Kabul.
• Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organization.
• Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets agreed in consultation with key staff and the SMT.
• Develop large-scale multi-country funding proposals to international funders Donors and partner agencies.
• Carry out prospect research and develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information as well as handling all administrative aspects of fundraising.
• To work with Senior Management team project’s board management and staff in order to identify different sources of funding available in the country.
• To research and identify potential donors and develop a database or map existing data bases which are regularly updated summarizing the range of donors potentially interested in funding our work.
• To prioritize potential funding opportunities according to the best possible match between the scope of projects activities and donor interests.
• To coordinate with SMT project’s board management and staff to develop a fundraising strategy that will guide the organization in its fundraising efforts during the next year and a half.
• To map the organizations government agencies and international partners that may be interested in OHW and its style of work ships and partnerships.
• Fundraising strategy developed for Humanitarian projects through.
• Fundraising plans developed within individual projects.
• Donor database developed
• List of funding opportunities across the region prioritized according to the best possible match between the scope of future independent organizations activities and donor interests.
• Frameworks for project proposal/grant applications for specific sources of funding based upon findings from the research phase.
• List of organizations government agencies and international partners that might be likely to establish partnership with OHW.
• Assessment of knowledge and skills needed to fulfill the plan.
• At least three proposals are submitted for proof reading to SMT
• At least three proposals after SMT acceptance are submitted further follow up in each month
• any other will require by Country Director and the SMT at OHW.
Duties and Responsibilities
Securing funds from international Trusts European Union United Nation Offices Afghan Government Agencies International Community
• To significantly increase the amount of funds and donations for programs from trusts foundations and other grant-making and donor organizations through the preparation of high quality funding applications and proposals and concept notes.
Grant management and donor stewardship.
• Will do grant management and stewardship of key donors including reporting and managing all aspects of communication with assigned donors of Organization of Human Welfare “OHW”.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key donors through effective communications across all touch points in Organization of Human Welfare “OHW”.
• Commission and undertake research on potential donors and analyze Organization of Human Welfare’s programmes with a view to making approaches for support.
• Investigate/develop new sources of funding from trusts foundations and other donor organizations in Afghanistan for Organization of Human Welfare “OHW”.
• Research and development of concept on most new social innovations and sustainable development and furthermore for Human Welfare programs.
• Assist Organization of Human Welfare “OHW” with strategic and tactical planning of long term fundraising for growth and development of OHW.
• Assist with strategic planning for sustainable and core funding programs for Organization of Human Welfare in Afghanistan.
طریقه ارسال درخواستی
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department – [email protected] Supplementary documents - degrees certificates etc. - should not be sent at this stage.
Applications should be received by OHW’s HR department on 25/January/2021 before 4:00 PM. And clearly indicate the vacancy number and job title (Fund Rising Manager /418) in their email subject line. Otherwise their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.