- Bachelors or advanced degree from an accredited university – related to WASH Public Health or Env
- Minimum of 3’ experience working in WASH pr سال
~~- Male/Female candidates with ability to travel and work in Jawzjan and districts.
- Bachelors or advanced degree from an accredited university – related to WASH Public Health or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in WASH project management
- Experience of CLTS programming is an added advantage
- Experience with working with NGOs is preferred
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of actors (including ministries local authorities and other NGOs)
- Must be computer literate and familiar with basic computer software including MS Office and internet use
- Fluent in English and Dari preferably Pashto
The Project Manager (PM) has the responsibility to ensure the effective and efficient day to day implementation of the Project under the overall supervision of the Sub-Area and Area Coordinators and guidance and support of the Projects Coordinator. The PM will ensure the functioning of the project from beginning to the end including project inception activities annual and quarterly planning and reporting and implementation of project activities project reviews and project closure.
ACTED is implementing the project titled “Accelerating Ending Open Defecation in Afghanistan” from March 1st 2020 to December 31st 2021 in Aqcha District of Jawzjan Province. The project also includes hard and soft activities related to WASH in School and in Health Centresj
3/Clinics through building/rehabilitating infrastructure awareness raising and trainings. The PM will lead the project management and implementation efforts for the UNICEF-funded project that follows the Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) approach linked to hygiene behavioural change communication and with the aim of facilitating villages achieve “open defecation” status.
The project will be implemented in close coordination with MRRD (Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development) by providing training planning coordination and technical oversight of the implementation partners and MoPH (Ministry of Public Health) who will provide Open Defecation Free certification to communities and support gains made through Community Health Workers (CHWs).
- Plan and supervise day to day implementation of the project activities
- Provide technical advice to ensure that the project activities are designed and implemented in line with best practice in CLTS and behaviour change communication and in compliance with donor processes and procedures
- Manage and provide support to project staff
- Adhere to the proposal requirements including planned activities reporting and monitoring
- Coordinate with ACTED’s logistics department to ensure timely procurement of the required goods and services
- Ensure mainstreaming of gender equity and CLTS principles throughout the project
- Liaise extensively with RRD DoPH UNICEF field staff to ensure coordination and transparency in planning and executing project activities
- When necessary liaise with the other relevant government authorities and community stakeholders to obtain the necessary permission and community support for the project
- Prepare timely reports according to the requirements of the donor and internal deadlines of the Project Development Department
- Provide regular updates on project implementation in particular through updated PMF and monthly reports
- Prepare reports according to government requirements
- Attend weekly and monthly coordination meetings to report on any project challenges to Coordination
- Support the finance department in maintaining an accurate Budget Follow-Up
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate Project Management Framework
- Implement any other relevant tasks requested by line manager
- Contribute and provide insights into fundraising efforts related to the scope of the project
طریقه ارسال درخواستی
~~Please indicate the position title (Project Manager & vacancy number Cap-009/260320) you are applying in subject of the email Otherwise your application will not be considered. Applications in English should include a resume a cover letter and three references (No certificates attached) and be submitted no later than 04-Apr-2020 to the following address: