• Minimum bachelor’s degree in literature business with languages law with languages Translation studies with languages or related field.
• At least (5) years of experience as English to Dari/Pashto translation and vice versa.
• Knowledge of terminologies in legal settings and/or extensive subject matter knowledge in this field.
• Ability to write and verbally communicate fluently in English Pashto and Dari.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
• Proven ability to work independently and effectively and problem-solve on the job to address different challenges and obstacles with a creative innovative approach.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite Email Internet)
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. The translator is mainly responsible for translating documents from English to Dari/Pashto and vice versa.
3. The documents are confidential and important often containing legal terminology.
4. Checking translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure they are accurate.
5. The work involves engaging with government employees therefore the translator must have the ability to interpret from Dari/Pashto into English.
6. The translator must have the ability and cultural understanding necessary to interpret in all three languages without changing the fundamental meaning of the message.
7. Write review edit proofread and format official documentation and other related materials to ensure accuracy clarity and consistency of documents.
8. Participate in the meetings take minutes and translate in English or in Dari and/or Pashto if required.
9. File all translated documents properly in both hard and soft copy.
10. Perform any other appropriate tasks that support the overall project as assigned by the supervisor.
11. Any other tasks assign by the line manager according to laws and regulations.
طریقه ارسال درخواستی
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 17/Dec/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MoMP/PPG-Translator must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest. Ministry of Mines and Petroleum Project Support Unit (PSU) Attention: Development Projects HR Unit 4th Floor Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS) at Abdul Haq Square.